Problem: faded output.
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Gently rock the cartridge from side to side to evenly spread the toner.
- Re-insert the cartridge and print a test page.
Problem: lines down page
Printouts are coming out with lines down the page.
It could be that there is toner on the photosensitive drum. Try printing 5-10 pages to see if this removes the lines.
Problem: dots or streaks
Printouts have dots or streaks on the page.
- Print out one or two pages this may clear the issue.
- Print a "Print Quality Page".
- If dots or streaks are isolated to one band of colour replace that colour.
- If dots appear in more than one band replace the toner colour of the dots/ print a cleaning page.
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer.
- Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes.
- Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes.
- Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly but the printer is not registering it as installed
- Follow the same steps as above.
This image shows the front of the cartridge, the plastic tab must be removed before installation.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image.
This image shows the left side of the cartridge.
The right side of the cartridge can be seen in this image.
Printers that use Canon E30 cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.