What the cartridges should look like
Problems you may encounter
Problem: Error (Cartridge missing or damaged)
The printer is reporting the error (Cartridge missing or damaged)
- Remove the faulty cartridge from the printer
- Make sure all the packaging clips and blue tape covering the copper part of the cartridge has been removed from the cartridge + clean the contacts with a dry cloth / tissue
- Pull the power cable out the back of the printer and leave the printer off for 15 minutes
Problem: Cartridge doesn't "light up"
The cartridge doesn't light up like an original HP cartridge
The lighting of the cartridge has been patented by Canon, to prevent compatible manufacturers being able to offer this feature to their customers.
Original cartridge on left, with light. Compatible on right, without light
Problem: Error (Not recognised)
The cartridge isn't recognised by the printer
Make sure the cartridge is securely clipped in and the printers cover is closed.
- Check the status monitor, either on the printers control panel, or on the computer.
- Remember, the compatible cartridge does not light up to avoid patents.
- If the fault persists, remove the cartridge carefully to check the chip has not been dislodged. Reinstall the cartridge.
- If the fault persists, replace the cartridge
Problem: Leaking ink
The orange clip has been removed and ink is dripping dripping out
If the interior cartridge foam is not in the correct position, ink can drip from the exit hole after de-clipping. Sometimes the drip can be stopped by blotting the exit hole on some tissue paper
Problem: Ink on orange clip
Ink is being left behind on the orange clip after de-clipping
It is quite normal to witness ink on the clip (This does not mean the product is leaking)
Problem: Printing blank pages / fading on print
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank
- If the print quality is poor or no ink is appearing on the paper then try doing 2-3 head cleans/nozzle cleans
- Leave 20 minutes between each clean
Problem: Cartridge is reporting that it's empty
The cartridge installed is producing an error message saying that the cartridge is empty and is preventing printing
1. Send a document to print
2. Once the error message appears, press continue to clear it
2. If the printer is unresponsive, hold down the stop/ cancel button on the printer for 3-5 seconds
3. Resend the document to print
Pigment ink is used in this cartridge
Pigment ink is used in this cartridge, this is different to Genuine cartridges.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.