To view what the cartridges should look like, please click here.
To avoid leaking, remove the tape gently, do not rip it off. Hold the cartridge firmly when doing this but do not squeeze it, as this could cause the ink to drip out.
- Open the printer lid to access the cartridges.
- Remove the empty cartridge from the printhead and recycle.
- Remove the new cartridge from the plastic bag.
- Gently and slowly, remove the yellow pull strip from the top of the cartridge only. Hold the cartridge with your fingers while opening and do not squeeze the sides.
- Turn the cartridge upside down and remove the rest of the yellow pull strip. Insert the new cartridge into the corresponding slot in the printhead and press down firmly until a click is heard.
- Close the printer lid.
Please note: The replacement cartridge does not light up like an original.
Problem: error (cartridge missing or damaged).
The printer is reporting the error (cartridge missing or damaged).
- Remove the faulty cartridge from the printer.
- Make sure all the packaging clips and blue tape covering the copper part of the cartridge has been removed from the cartridge + clean the contacts.
- Pull the power cable out the back of the printer and leave the printer off for 15 minutes.
Problem: printing blank pages / fading on print.
Printouts are faded or blank.
- If the print quality is poor or no ink is appearing on the paper then try doing 2-3 head cleans/nozzle cleans.
- Leave 20 minutes between each clean.
This image shows the front of the cartridge, the yellow tape must be removed first.
The back of the cartridges can be seen here, the chip must be clear of impurities before installation.
This image shows the left side of the cartridges.
The right side of the cartridges can be seen in this image.
Printers that use Canon PG-570XL & CLI-571XL cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.