What the cartridges should look like
Problems you might encounter
Problem: Printing blank pages / Fading on print / Incorrect colours being produced
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank, or with the incorrect colours.
In the unlikely event that your cartridge is not printing to your satisfaction, there may be a blockage on the print nozzles caused either by dried ink particles or an air lock.
This problem can easily be remedied by carrying out a simple manual cleaning procedure:
- 1. Take a cotton bud and dampen with some warm water. Then gently wipe around the area of the print head at the base of the cartridge.
- 2. Afterwards, dab the print head onto a clean absorbent paper kitchen towel until the ink begins to filter through. The following colours should be visible on the kitchen towel:
- For the black cartridge - a full black oval shape
- For the colour cartridge - 3 distinct oval or round shapes should be seen coloured cyan, magenta and yellow
- 3. Take a clean, dry paper kitchen towel and gently wipe the copper contact points at the back of the cartridge and the contacts inside the printer cartridge carrier.
Problem: Error (Remove Tape)
The printer is reporting the error message (Remove Tape)
- Unplug the printer from the switch and remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds
- Re-connect and power on the printer back on
- Remove the affected cartridge from the printer and check that all tape has been removed from the cartridge (Check for any tape has has been left behind)
- Re-insert the cartridge
Problem: Error ('X' Cartridge Error)
The printer is reporting the error message ('X' Cartridge Error). This indicates a problem with the ink cartridges or the print heads.
- Remove the affected cartridge
- Disconnect and then reconnect the printer power cable
- Re-install the ink cartridge
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.