Problem: Fading on print
Printouts are very faded print or there is a lack of print on the page
- If the print quality is poor or no ink is appearing on the paper then try doing 2-3 head cleans/nozzle cleans
- Leave 20 minutes between each clean
Problem: Printing blank pages
The ink cartridge printed one or two pages and then stopped printing.
- It could be that the tape that covers the breathing hole has not been removed
- Be sure the breathing hole on the cartridge has been released usually by removing a small “rip strip” so that the cartridge has air supply then it can print.
Problem: Cartridge is the wrong size
The cartridges are physically a different size or shape.
Compatible cartridges will always look different to the original branded cartridges
They will often differ in shape or size but this does not affect the fitting or functionally of the cartridges in any way at all
- Ensure the Seal is pierced when installed by giving the cartridge a firm push upon installation
This image shows the front of the cartridge, the product code and colour can be found on the label.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image.
This image shows the left side of the cartridge, match the colour to the slot on the printer.
The right side of the cartridge can be seen in this image.
Printers that use Brother LC3217 cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.