Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
Clean the LED head if vertical white lines appear, images are faded, or the periphery of letters are smudged in the printouts.
- Do not use solvents, such as methyl alcohol or thinners, because they may damage the LED head
- Do not expose the image drum to direct sunlight or strong light.
- Do not touch the fuser, because it is very hot.
Follow the steps below to Clean the LED Head:
- Turn off Machine
- Open the scanner unit
- Press the top cover open button
- Open the top cover
- Wipe the lens of the LED head with a soft tissue paper lightly.
- Close the top cover.
- Close the Scanner unit
Non Touchscreen Printers
- Press up or down until "PRINT INFO" is selected
- Press ok
- Press up or down until "CONFIGURATION" is selected
- Press ok this will then print a configuration report
- Press device settings on the touch panel
- Press Reports
- Select Configuration
- Select Yes, this will then print a configuration report
This image shows the front of the cartridge.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image, the white tape must be removed before installation.
This image shows the left side of the cartridge, please ensure the chip is clear of impurities before installation.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image, the batch code is displayed on the small label.
Printers that use Oki 45807111 - HC cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.