What the cartridges should look like
Problems you might encounter
Problem: Error (Unknown Card)
Printer is reporting that the cartridge smart card is unknown.
If the printer firmware is 2.07 or higher (including 2.07M & 2.07T), improper operations can cause the printer to lock. When locked, the printer will show the error message "Unknown card".
Below are some improper operations which will lock the printer.
- Inserting the smart card before the toner low message is displayed in the operator panel LCD.
- Inserting the same smart card for different toner cartridges.
- After inserting the smart card, the printer will show “please hold on”, if the smart card is removed or the power is disconnected during this period, the printer will be locked.
- After inserting the smart card when the toner low is displayed in the operator panel LCD, the printer will remind the user if they want to change the toner. If cancel is selected, the printer will lock.
If the printer is locked, leave the machine on for 24 hours and then restart the printer.
This should reset the printer and allow you to continue with the smart card inserted.
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
Problem: Faint Characters on Printouts
Printouts have faint characters / letters appearing down the page
- Print 15-20 pages and see if the problem persists.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.