If there has been a full set of genuine cartridges installed in the printer prior to installing the new compatible cartridges then a full compatible cartridge replacement may be required if the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) appears
If this error message still appears after this troubleshooting or you don't have a full set of compatible cartridges available please consult the "Problems you might encounter" section below
- This incompatible cartridge error message appears when the printer detects that there is both genuine and compatible cartridges installed in the printer
- To do a full genuine to compatible replacement please follow the steps below:
- 1. Remove all the cartridges currently installed in the printer and turn the printer off. Leave it off for 15 minutes then turn it back on
- 2. Re-install a full set genuine Epson ink cartridges in the printer - These genuine cartridges can be half full or even empty
- 3. Once the genuine cartridges have been detected, remove and the replace them with compatible cartridges.
- 3a. Note: This must be done in one go
Problem: Cartridge is not fitting correctly
The cartridge will install but not push down fully
Check with the end user that all seals are removed
- If the below yellow seal is not removed, the cartridge will not install fully.
Once this seal is removed, the cartridge should push down into position.
Problem: Printing blank pages
The ink cartridge printed one or two pages and then stopped printing.
- It could be that the tape that covers the breathing hole has not been removed
- Be sure the breathing hole on the cartridge has been released usually by removing a small “rip strip” so that the cartridge has air supply then it can print.
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The cartridge has been working for a while but the cartridge has suddenly stopped working and the printer is reporting that the cartridge is no longer recognised
This means that the cartridge is empty.
- At this point the user should click the ‘Stop’ button and replace the depleted cartridge.
Problem: Error (Replace Ink Cartridges)
A low ink reminder has appeared on screen when a print is sent to the printer
Click ‘Remind Me Later’ and continue with the printing, until the following message is displayed.
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer
- 2. Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes
- 3. Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes
- 4. Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
This image shows the front of the cartridge, match the colour to the slot in the printer.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image, do not remove the plastic seal.
This image shows the top of the cartridge, the chip must be clear of impurities before installation.
The bottom of the cartridge can be seen in this image.
Printers that use Epson T130 cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.