Compatible HP 932 & HP 933 (Front View)
Compatible HP 932 & HP 933 (Back View)
Compatible HP 932 & HP 933 (Side View)
Compatible HP 932 & HP 933
(Chip View + Batch Code Location)
Problems During Installation
If there has been a full set of genuine cartridges installed in the printer prior to installing the new compatible cartridges then a full compatible cartridge replacement may be required if the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) appears
If this error message still appears after this troubleshooting or you don't have a full set of compatible cartridges available please consult the "Problems you might encounter" section below
- This incompatible cartridge error message appears when the printer detects that there is both genuine and compatible cartridges installed in the printer
- To do a full genuine to compatible replacement please follow the steps below:
- 1. Remove all the cartridges currently installed in the printer and turn the printer off. Leave it off for 15 minutes then turn it back on
- 2. Re-install a full set genuine HP ink cartridges in the printer - These genuine cartridges can be half full or even empty
- 3. Once the genuine cartridges have been detected, remove and the replace them with compatible cartridges.
- 3a. Note: This must be done in one go
Problem: Counterfeit error
Cartridge is being detected as used or counterfeit
These messages can be bypassed by clicking OK or No. Please see circled in red above.
On dismissing the Used or Counterfeit Cartridge Detected message (please see above), the following message will appear on screen.
Same as before this message should be dismissed by clicking the OK button.
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)/ Not Recognised
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer
- 2. Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes
- 3. Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes
- 4. Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
Problem: Error (HP Protected Cartridge Installed)
The printer is reporting that the cartridges are HP Protected
- Type the IP address of your printer into your web browser
- Go to settings
- Click on HP cartridge protection under preferences (Left hand side of the screen)
- Click "Disable HP Cartridge Protection" and then click Apply
Problem: Flashing printer light
Cartridge has been installed but the resume light on the printer is flashing
It is advised not to press this button, but instead to dismiss the popup message as described above. However, in some instances the user in not given the option to dismiss the message on screen, as can be seen in the message below.
In this special case, the below steps should be followed
- Press the flashing button on the printer. The printer should start/continue printing as expected.
- When the printing finishes, click the Cancel button on the above message.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.