What the cartridges should look like
Problems you may encounter
Problem: Error (Cartridge missing or not detected)
The cartridge has been installed correctly but the printer is reporting it as missing
Resolution 1: How to clean the cartridge chip
Before installation, please follow these instructions on how to clean the cartridge chip
1. Remove the packaging from the new cartridge.
2. Using the rubber provided, clean the gold contacts on the back of the cartridge.
3. Install the new cartridge into your printer.
4. Wait until the printer has recognised the cartridge before use.
This process helps to remove any dirt or residue ink on the chip which can cause recognition issues.
Problem: Printing blank pages / Fading on print / Incorrect colours being produced
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank, or with the incorrect colours.
In the unlikely event that your cartridge is not printing to your satisfaction, there may be a blockage on the print nozzles caused either by dried ink particles or an air lock.
This problem can easily be remedied by carrying out a simple manual cleaning procedure:
- 1. Take a cotton bud and dampen with some warm water. Then gently wipe around the area of the print head at the base of the cartridge.
- 2. Afterwards, dab the print head onto a clean absorbent paper kitchen towel until the ink begins to filter through. The following colours should be visible on the kitchen towel:
- For the black cartridge - a full black oval shape
- For the colour cartridge - 3 distinct oval or round shapes should be seen coloured cyan, magenta and yellow
- 3. Take a clean, dry paper kitchen towel and gently wipe the copper contact points at the back of the cartridge and the contacts inside the printer cartridge carrier.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.