Problem: Error (Cartridge missing or not detected)
The cartridge has been installed correctly but the printer is reporting it as missing or not detected. The chip must be cleaned to remove any dirt or ink residue on the chip which can cause recognition issues.
Resolution: How to clean the cartridge chip
1. Remove the cartridge from the printer
2. Using the rubber provided, clean the gold contacts on the back of the cartridge.
3. Install the cartridge into your printer.
4. Wait until the printer has recognised the cartridge before use.
Problem: Printing blank pages / fading on print
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank
- Clean the printhead with a piece of damp kitchen tissue (Warm water)
- If this doesn't work, sit the cartridge printhead on some moist kitchen roll for 20 minutes
- Make sure the bottom of the cartridge (where the ink comes out of) is touching the kitchen roll
This image shows the front of the cartridge, the product code and colour can be found on the label.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image, the tape must be removed before installation.
This image shows the left side of the cartridge, the paper must be removed before installation.
The right side of the cartridge can be seen in this image.
Printers that use HP 302XL cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.