Problem: Wrong Size / Not fitting
The clip looks different or the cartridge will not click into place when installing. To install these cartridges, the back of the cartridge needs to be inserted first at a slight angle with the clip towards the front of the printer (please see below image).
The front of the cartridge should then slot into position and click into place
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge from the printer.
- 2. Reinstall the cartridge and press firmly at the front of the cartridge or where the label says shows 'push'.
- 3. The cartridge should now be fully clicked into place.
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The cartridge is showing as not recognised. (See below for an example of this message)
- This error can sometimes be displayed due the cartridge being incorrectly seated in the printer.
- Remove the affected cartridge from the printer
- Reinstall the cartridge and firmly press down on the top of the cartridge.
- Shut the printer lid and wait for the error to disappear from the LCD display.
- This message is displayed when the ink runs out on a compatible cartridge to discourage the use of compatible cartridges.
- The print yield of the compatible cartridge should be equal to the original.
- If the cartridge hasn't reached the print yield but displays this message it could be a fault
- - Remove the affected cartridge from the printer and power off the printer
- - Check to see if there's ink left in the cartridge and wipe the chip with a dry cloth
- - Turn the printer back on and install the cartridges one at a time
This image shows the front of the cartridge, match the colour to the slot in the printer.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image, ensure the chip is clear of impurities before installation.
This image shows the left side of the cartridge, remove the orange clip before installing the cartridge.
Printers that use Epson 33XL cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.