Problems During Installation
If there has been a full set of genuine cartridges installed in the printer prior to installing the new compatible cartridges then a full compatible cartridge replacement may be required if the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) appears
If this error message still appears after this troubleshooting or you don't have a full set of compatible cartridges available please consult the "Problems you might encounter" section below
- This incompatible cartridge error message appears when the printer detects that there is both genuine and compatible cartridges installed in the printer
- To do a full genuine to compatible replacement please follow the steps below:
- 1. Remove all the cartridges currently installed in the printer and turn the printer off. Leave it off for 15 minutes then turn it back on
- 2. Re-install a full set genuine Epson ink cartridges in the printer - These genuine cartridges can be half full or even empty
- 3. Once the genuine cartridges have been detected, remove and the replace them with compatible cartridges.
- 3a. Note: This must be done in one go
Problems you might encounter
Problem: Wrong Size / Not fitting
The clip looks different or the cartridge will not click into place when installing.
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge from the printer.
- 2. Reinstall the cartridge and press firmly where the label says shows 'push'.
- 3. The cartridge should now be fully clicked into place.
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer
- 2. Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes
- 3. Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes
- 4. Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
Problem: Printing blank pages / fading on print
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank
- 1. Go into the printers maintenance section and select "head cleaning"
- 2. This will perform a print head clean - this will take a couple of minutes
- 3. Print a Print nozzle check pattern to check the printer quality
- If you don't see any improvement, repeat steps 1-3 multiple times
Note: If you don't see any improvement turn off the printer and wait at least six hours to let any dried ink soften. Then try cleaning the print head again
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.