Problem: Printing blank pages / Fading on print / Incorrect colours being produced
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank, or with the incorrect colours.
In the unlikely event that your cartridge is not printing to your satisfaction, there may be a blockage on the print nozzles caused either by dried ink particles or an air lock.
This problem can easily be remedied by carrying out a simple manual cleaning procedure:
- Take a cotton bud and dampen with some warm water, then gently wipe around the area of the print head at the base of the cartridge.
- Dab the print head onto a clean absorbent paper kitchen towel until the ink begins to filter through. The following colours should be visible on the kitchen towel:
- For the black cartridge - a full black oval shape
- For the colour cartridge - 3 distinct oval or round shapes should be seen coloured cyan, magenta and yellow
- Take a clean, dry paper towel and gently wipe the copper contact points at the back of the cartridge and the contacts inside the printer cartridge carrier.
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer.
- Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes.
- Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes.
- Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly but the printer is not registering it as installed
- Follow the same steps as above.
Printers that use TallyGenicom 044829 cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.