Printers that have been stood for some time without use, may have dried ink in the printhead or the nozzles, this make need a more intensive clean but if you're printer was printing fine yesterday and you have received a cartridge but you find there is no ink on the page when you try to print, please:
- make sure all of the tabs and protective seals have been removed first.
- get a damp cloth and wipe the nozzle on the cartridge until you can see the ink coming onto the cloth.
- once you can see the ink is coming out of the cartridges please reinstall in your machine and try and print a couple of pages
- if this doesn't resolve the problem please perform a couple of cleaning cycles to clear any blockages and do some printhead cleans.
- once done, try and print of a couple of pages again and hopefully you should see the problem has been resolved.