Resetting the drum counter
Replacing a drum unit with a new one means resetting the drum counter the steps to do this are below:
- Press “x” to interrupt the error
- Press “maintenance/service button”
- Press “All settings”, press “machine info” then press “parts life”
- Then press “#” until the massage changes, choose the colour of the drum unit you replaced
- Press "Yes". This will reset the page counter for the drum unit.
Non Touchscreen Printers
- Press the up arrow key while holding go on the control panel.
- Use the Up or Down arrow key to display “drum unit” press ok.
- Use the Up or Down arrow key to display the colour of the unit you replaced.
- Press "OK", and then press on the up arrow key for reset. This will reset the page counter for the drum unit.
Problems you might encounter
Problem: Marks on Page
Printouts has marks on page.
- If the printouts have marks on the page in a repeating pattern, remove the drum from the printer.
- Using a lint free cloth gently clean the drum surface taking care not to touch the surface with fingers.
Problem: Faint Characters on Printouts
Printouts have faint characters / letters appearing down the page
- Print 15-20 pages and see if the problem persists.
Printers that use Brother DR-241CL drum cartridges
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.