What the cartridges should look like
Problems you might encounter
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
Problem: Spots or Lines at regular intervals
Printouts have Spots or lines at regular intervals on the prints, it may be an issue with another part in the printer.
Measure the distance between the spots or lines
- 75.3 mm (3 in.) - Imaging Unit
- 28.3 mm (1.1 in.) - Imaging Unit
- 31.1 mm (1.2 in.) - Imaging Unit
- 32.3 mm (1.3 in.) - Imaging Unit
- 25.1 mm (1 in.) - Transfer Belt
- 56.5 mm (2.2 in.) - Transfer Roller
- 82.3 mm (3.2 in.) - Fuser
If they match any of the distances listed the item may need replacing.
Print Configuration Page
Use the steps below to print out a configuration page:
- Press the Machine Status button.(image)
- Select Information Pages.
- Select Configuration, then touch Print.
Non Touchscreen Printers
- Press the Menu button.
- Using the up or down arrows select "Information pages" then press ok
- Using the up or down arrows select "Configuration" then press ok
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.