Problems you may encounter
Problem: Printing blank pages / Missing print
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank, or with sections missing.
If the print quality has declined, you can clean the print head.
To clean the print head using the product control panel, please follow the below steps:
- 1. Make sure there are no errors on the LCD screen.
- 2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.
- 3. Press the home button, if necessary.
- 4. Select Settings > Maintenance > Print Head Cleaning.
- 5. Select Start to clean the print head
When the cleaning cycle is finished, you see a message on the screen.
Caution: Never turn off the product or open the front cover during a cleaning cycle or you may not be able to print
- 6. Select Yes if you want to print a new nozzle check pattern.
- 7. Select Start to print a nozzle check pattern and confirm that the print head is clean.
- 8. Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 4 times, wait at least 6 hours without printing. Then try cleaning the print head again. If quality still does not improve, contact Epson.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.