What the cartridges should look like
Problems During Installation
If there has been a full set of genuine cartridges installed in the printer prior to installing the new compatible cartridges then a full compatible cartridge replacement may be required if the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) appears
If this error message still appears after this troubleshooting or you don't have a full set of compatible cartridges available please consult the "Problems you might encounter" section below
- This incompatible cartridge error message appears when the printer detects that there is both genuine and compatible cartridges installed in the printer
- To do a full genuine to compatible replacement please follow the steps below:
- 1. Remove all the cartridges currently installed in the printer and turn the printer off. Leave it off for 15 minutes then turn it back on
- 2. Re-install a full set genuine Epson ink cartridges in the printer - These genuine cartridges can be half full or even empty
- 3. Once the genuine cartridges have been detected, remove and the replace them with compatible cartridges.
- 3a. Note: This must be done in one go
Problems you may encounter
Problem: Cartridge is not fitting correctly
The cartridge will install but not push down fully
Check with the end user that all seals are removed
- If the below yellow seal is not removed, the cartridge will not install fully.
Once this seal is removed, the cartridge should push down into position.
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The cartridge has been working for a while but the cartridge has suddenly stopped working and the printer is reporting that the cartridge is no longer recognised
This means that the cartridge is empty.
- At this point the user should click the ‘Stop’ button and replace the depleted cartridge.
Problem: Error (Replace Ink Cartridges)
A low ink reminder has appeared on screen when a print is sent to the printer
Click ‘Remind Me Later’ and continue with the printing, until the following message is displayed.
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer
- 2. Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes
- 3. Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes
- 4. Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
Problem: Printing blank pages
The ink cartridge printed one or two pages and then stopped printing.
- It could be that the tape that covers the breathing hole has not been removed
- Be sure the breathing hole on the cartridge has been released usually by removing a small “rip strip” so that the cartridge has air supply then it can print.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.