Compatible Epson T129 (Front View)
Compatible Epson T129 (Back View)
Compatible Epson T129 (Top View)
Compatible Epson T129 (Bottom View)
Compatible Epson T129 (Side View)
Problems During Installation
If there has been a full set of genuine cartridges installed in the printer prior to installing the new compatible cartridges then a full compatible cartridge replacement may be required if the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) appears
If this error message still appears after this troubleshooting or you don't have a full set of compatible cartridges available please consult the "Problems you might encounter" section below
- This incompatible cartridge error message appears when the printer detects that there is both genuine and compatible cartridges installed in the printer
- To do a full genuine to compatible replacement please follow the steps below:
- 1. Remove all the cartridges currently installed in the printer and turn the printer off. Leave it off for 15 minutes then turn it back on
- 2. Re-install a full set genuine Epson ink cartridges in the printer - These genuine cartridges can be half full or even empty
- 3. Once the genuine cartridges have been detected, remove and the replace them with compatible cartridges.
- 3a. Note: This must be done in one go
Problem: Cartridge Not Recognised
The cartridge has been working for a while but the cartridge has suddenly stopped working and the printer is reporting that the cartridge is no longer recognised
This means that the cartridge is empty.
- At this point the user should click the ‘Stop’ button and replace the depleted cartridge.
Problem: Error (Replace Ink Cartridges)
A low ink reminder has appeared on screen when a print is sent to the printer
Click ‘Remind Me Later’ and continue with the printing, until the following message is displayed.
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer
- 2. Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes
- 3. Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes
- 4. Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
Problem: Lines/streaks on prints
There are lines/streaks on the paper when printing.
- Perform a print head cleaning cycle.
- This can be located within the printer maintenance menu.
- Print a nozzle check to see if all the nozzles are free of blockages.
- If breaks still appear on the printed page, repeat the process.
- If the nozzle check page displays one set of black nozzles shown below, only perform up to two cleans.
- If the screen displays up to three sets of nozzles, perform up to three cleans: 99% of all blocked nozzles are caused by trapped air within the print head.
- If the cleaning cycle does not remove the lines, rest the printer for half an hour and perform a nozzle check. (Do not continue to clean the cartridges as this will use up valuable ink from all the cartridges).
- If there is no improvement, leave the cartridge for a further two hours. During the rest period, ink from the cartridge will migrate through the cartridge and absorb / push trapped air from the print head.
- If Epson cartridges are removed from the printer for any length of time, the print head is liable to dry out and block up. Always remove used cartridges when you have a replacement available.
- Never remove the power supply when the printer is in operation such as paper feed, cleaning cycle and printing. When the printer is not in use, the print head will park over the "capping mechanism" which seals over the print head preventing it from drying out.
Problem: Cartridge is the wrong size
The cartridges are physically a different size or shape.
Compatible cartridges will always look different to the original branded cartridges
They will often differ in shape or size but this does not affect the fitting or functionally of the cartridges in any way at all.
Printers that use Epson T129 cartridges
- Stylus Office B42WD
- Stylus Office BX305F
- Stylus Office BX305FW
- Stylus Office BX305FW Plus
- Stylus Office BX320FW
- Stylus Office BX525WD
- Stylus Office BX535WD
- Stylus Office BX625FWD
- Stylus Office BX630FW
- Stylus Office BX635FWD
- Stylus Office BX925FWD
- Stylus Office BX935FWD
- Stylus SX230
- Stylus SX235W
- Stylus SX420W
- Stylus SX425W
- Stylus SX430W
- Stylus SX435W
- Stylus SX438W
- Stylus SX440W
- Stylus SX445W
- Stylus SX445WE
- Stylus SX525WD
- Stylus SX535WD
- Stylus SX620FW
- WorkForce Pro WF-7015
- WorkForce WF-3010DW
- WorkForce WF-3520DWF
- WorkForce WF-3530DTWF
- WorkForce WF-3540DTWF
- WorkForce WF-7515
- WorkForce WF-7525
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.