Problems you might encounter
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
Problem: Faint Characters on Printouts
Printouts have faint characters / letters appearing down the page
- Print 15-20 pages and see if the problem persists.
Problem: Poor Print Quality/ Toner on half page/ Missing print
Printouts have poor quality, are missing output or have toner on too much of page.
The connection between the cartridge and the printer may be dirty and preventing from working:
- Clean the metal contacts on side of cartridge with a dry lint free cloth.
- Shake cartridge from side to side to distribute toner and reinstall.
If the problem persists the chip may be dirty preventing it from being read correctly
- Clean chip on toner with a lint free cloth and reinsert.
Print Supplies Status Page
- Press the Home Button on the printer control panel.
- Select Supplies
- Select Manage supplies
- Select Print Supplies
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M577c
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M577f
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M577z
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise M552dn
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise M553
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise M553dn
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise M553n
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise M553x
- Colour LaserJet Enterprise MFP M577dn