Problems you might encounter
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
Problem: Repeating Marks
Printouts have issues such as toner specks or spatter, smears, streaks, lines, or repeating marks.
Use the following procedure to print a cleaning page.
- From the Home screen on the printer control panel, use the buttons or swipe until you can select the Setup menu
- Select the Setup icon to open the menu.
- Open the Service menu.
- Open the Cleaning Page Icon/Button.
- Load plain letter or A4 paper when you are prompted.
- Wait until the process is complete. Discard the page that prints.