Problem: faded output.
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Gently rock the cartridge from side to side to evenly spread the toner.
- Re-insert the cartridge and print a test page.
Problem: lines down page
Printouts are coming out with lines down the page.
It could be that there is toner on the photosensitive drum. Try printing 5-10 pages to see if this removes the lines.
Problem: dots or streaks
Printouts have dots or streaks on the page.
- Print out one or two pages this may clear the issue.
- Print a "Print Quality Page".
- If dots or streaks are isolated to one band of colour replace that colour.
- If dots appear in more than one band replace the toner colour of the dots/ print a cleaning page
This image shows the front of the cartridge. Please ensure that the chip is clean and free of any impurities.
The back view of the cartridge can be seen in this image, the orange clip and pull tab must be removed before installation.
This image shows the left hand side of the cartridge. Please ensure that the pull seal is fully removed.
This is the right side of the cartridge showing the handle, which can be used to install it into the printer.
Printers that use HP 312X cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.