Problems you might encounter
Problem: Fading on print
Printouts are very faded print or there is a lack of print on the page
- If the print quality is poor or no ink is appearing on the paper then try doing 2-3 head cleans/nozzle cleans
- Leave 20 minutes between each clean
Problem: Printing blank pages
The ink cartridge printed one or two pages and then stopped printing.
- It could be that the tape that covers the breathing hole has not been removed
- Be sure the breathing hole on the cartridge has been released usually by removing a small “rip strip” so that the cartridge has air supply then it can print.
Problem: Cartridge is the wrong size
The cartridges are physically a different size or shape.
Compatible cartridges will always look different to the original branded cartridges
They will often differ in shape or size but this does not affect the fitting or functionally of the cartridges in any way at all
- Ensure the Seal is pierced when installing by giving the cartridge a firm push upon installation
Problem: Cartridge isn't recognised
The cartridge has been installed correctly but the printer is reporting that the cartridge is not recognised
- Check that there is not a bubble of air in the prism (Fig 1.)
- If a small bubble is present tilt the cartridge to remove it from this part of the cartridge, this is shown in the Installation Instructions.
- 1. Remove the cartridge that's not recognised from the printer
- 2. Switch off the printer and unplug it for 10 minutes
- 3. Wipe the chip on the cartridge with a dry cloth or tissue
- 4. Plug the printer back in and turn it back on
- 5. Re-insert the cartridge
If the message re-appears repeat steps 1-5 but remove all the cartridges in step one
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.