What the cartridges should look like
Problems you may encounter
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The printer is reporting that the cartridge is not being recognised
- It's possible that the new ink cartridge has been installed too quickly and the machine hasn't had time to detect it.
- Remove the new ink cartridge and re-install it slowly until it clicks.
Problem: Fading on print
The printer is producing very faded print/ a lack of print on the page
- If the print quality is poor or no ink is appearing on the paper, try performing 2-3 head cleans/nozzle cleans
- Leave 20 minutes between each clean
Problem: Printing blank pages
The ink cartridge printed one or two pages and then stopped printing.
- It could be that the tape that covers the breathing hole has not been removed.
- Be sure the breathing hole on the cartridge has been released, this is done by removing a small rip strip so that the cartridge has air supply.
Problem: Cartridge is the wrong size/ shape to fit into the printer
The cartridges is physically a different size or shape to the cartridges already installed.
- Compatible cartridges will always look different to the original branded cartridges
- They will often differ in shape or size but this does not affect the fitting or functionally of the cartridges in any way at all
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.