Problem: Marks or Smeared/Streaky Printouts
Printouts appear streaky or have marks on them
Print a cleaning page to hep resolve print defects.
1. Press the Menu button.
2. Press the up arrow or down arrow to highlight the CONFIGURE DEVICE menu, and then press the OK button.
3. Press the up arrow or down arrow to highlight the PRINT QUALITY menu, and then press the OK button.
4. If the product does not have automatic two-sided printing, press the up arrow or down arrow to highlight the
CREATE CLEANING PAGE option, and then press the OK button. If the product has automatic two-sided printing, go to step 5.
5. Press the up arrow or down arrow to highlight the PROCESS CLEANING PAGE option, and then press the OK button. The cleaning process takes several minutes.
6. Discard the printed page. The task is complete.
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
Problem: Faint Characters on Printouts
Printouts have faint characters / letters appearing down the page
- Print 15-20 pages and see if the problem persists.
This image shows the front of the cartridge, the product code can be seen on this label.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image, the batch code is displayed on this smaller label.
This image shows the left side of the cartridge, remove the plastic yellow tab before installing.
The right side of the cartridge can be seen in this image, the black card must also be removed before installation.
Printers that use HP 55X cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.