After replacing the cartridge / during use, the cartridge may report "Replace Parts Drum" / "Drum End Soon" or the drum LED might flash. To remove this error message / flashing light, please follow relevant troubleshooting steps below.
- Open the front cover.
- Press the Options key on the control panel.
- The display will show "REPLACE DRUM - 1.YES 2.NO".
- Press 1 to reset the drum count.
- Close the front cover.
- Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge from the printer and wait for 1-2 minutes.
- Re-install the drum unit and toner cartridge into the printer.
- If the error message "Change Drum Soon/Drum end soon" continues to appear it means the drum counter wasn't reset. Please continue to follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Press "Options" or press "Clear" or "Clear/Back" on the control panel.
- If your Brother machine has a numeric keypad: Press 1 to reset the drum counter. If your Brother machine doesn't have a numeric keypad: Press the Up Arrow Key to reset the drum counter.
- When the LCD shows Accepted, close the front cover.
Problems you may encounter
Problem: Marks on Page
Printouts has marks on page.
- If the printouts have marks on the page in a repeating pattern, remove the drum from the printer.
- Using a lint free cloth gently clean the drum surface taking care not to touch the surface with fingers.
Problem: Faint Characters on Printouts
Printouts have faint characters / letters appearing down the page
- Print 15-20 pages and see if the problem persists.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.