How to Replace Drum Unit
It is highly recommended that you place the toner cartridge and drum unit on a clean, flat surface if possible with a sheet of disposable paper under Cartridge.
1. Turn on machine and open the cover at the front to access the toner and drum unit.
2. slide out the toner and drum unit once out handle the cartridge carefully, if some toner does spill on to your clothes or hands wash or wipe it off with cold water.
3. On the toner and drum unit push down the lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit
4. Put the toner cartridge in to the new drum unit until you hear it lock in to place, done correctly the green lock lever on the drum unit will Automatically lift.
5. Slide the cartridge and drum unit in to the machine
6. Close the top cover, and reset the drum counter.
Resetting the drum counter
Replacing a drum unit with a new one means resetting the drum counter the steps to do this are below:
Non Touchscreen Printers
- make sure that the front cover is open Press and hold Go for a few seconds until all the LED`s light up then release Go.
- Close the front cover and make sure the Drum LED is now off.
- make sure that the front cover is open Press and hold ok for 2-3 seconds to display “Drum unit” then press ok
- press the up arrow to display reset and reset the drum counter.
- Close the front cover.
- Make sure the front cover is open
- Press and hold ok for 2-3 seconds to display “replace drum”
- DCP model press Up arrow to reset or MFC model press 1 to reset.
- Close the front cover
- Press “x” to interrupt the error
- Press “settings”
- Press “all settings”
- Press “machine info”
- Press “parts life”
- Press “#” until the touchscreen changes
- Press “drum” and then press “yes” to reset drum counter
Problems you may encounter
Problem: Marks on Page
Printouts has marks on page.
- If the printouts have marks on the page in a repeating pattern, remove the drum from the printer.
- Using a lint free cloth gently clean the drum surface taking care not to touch the surface with fingers.
Problem: Faint Characters on Printouts
Printouts have faint characters / letters appearing down the page
- Print 15-20 pages and see if the problem persists.