Problems you may encounter
Problem: Error (Replace Drum)
The drum unit has been installed correctly but isn't being registered.
- This error message appears when the page counter isn't reset after installing the new cartridge. Please carry out the relevant troubleshooting below:
Non Touchscreen Printers
- With the "Replace toner" error message on the LCD display, remove the drum unit from the printer and reinstall it.
- Once installed press "1" to confirm.
- When the LCD shows as "Accepted", close the front cover of the machine. This will reset the page counter for the drum unit.
- Press "Stop/Exit" to remove the error message from the screen
- Press "Menu" and then use the Up or Down arrow key to display Machine Info
- Select Machine Info and access the "Reset Menu"
- Press "Drum"
- The display will show the message: "Reset Drum?"
- Press "Yes". This will reset the page counter for the drum unit.
For Brother HL Printers
- Press "+" or "-" to select "Machine info"
- Press "OK" and then press "+" or "-" to choose "Reset Parts Life"
- Press "OK" and then press "+" to choose "Drum Unit".
- Press "OK", and then press "+" or "-" to choose the color that you want to reset.(This step might be skipped in some models.)
- Press "OK" twice. This will reset the page counter for the drum unit.
Problem: Poor Print Quality
The cartridge is producing faded output or is leaving marks down the page
- Open the printer cover to gain access to the printer cartridges.
- Remove both the toner cartridge and the drum unit from the printer
- On the drum unit, slide the green or blue tab from right to left several times.
- Re-insert the toner cartridge and drum unit into the printer and print a test page.
- If the print quality is still poor remove the drum unit and inspect the roller for any damage.
Problem: Faint Characters on Printouts
Printouts have faint characters / letters appearing down the page
- Print 15-20 pages and see if the problem persists.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.