Problems you may encounter
Problem: Error (Replace Toner) or Error (Toner Low)
The cartridge is reporting that it's low on ink or reporting the error message (Replace toner).
- 1. Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps
- 2. On the control panel press the X / Cancel button and the Secure button together
- 3. Use the UP and DOWN arrow to reset the type of toner you have
- 4. Press OK to reset selected toner counter
- 5. Wait for the printer to reset the cartridge
- 6. Once the printer display shows ACCEPTED, the counter has been reset
- 7. Close the front cover and you should be able to continue printing
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.