What the cartridges should look like
Problems you may encounter
Cartridge not recognised
Printer is reporting the Error (Replace Toner) or that the cartridge isn't being recognised
- Note: This requires an old toner cartridge that has previously worked:
- Remove the faulty cartridge from the printer
- Re-install the old cartridge and turn the printer off and on
- Removed the old cartridge and re-install the faulty cartridge. This should clear the printers memory and allow the cartridge to work
Problem: Lines down page
There are bands or lines appearing down the page
Your printer may require your conorna wires cleaning.
- Open up the front of your printer and gain access to all the drum units
- On each drum unit there is a green (sometimes other coloured) tab
- Move this tab from left to right horizontally 5-6 times
- Return the tab to its home position after you have finished
- Retry printing
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
Error: Replace Toner
Brother DCP-9270CDN & Brother MFC-9970CDW
- Completely remove the drum from the printer and then turn the printer off.
- Then turn the printer on with the drum removed and cover open.
- The printer will say “Cover is open”, and then press the “1” Key and it will take you to the Reset menu.
- Look for the toner cartridge that needs to be reset and select that option.
- Printer will say “Accepted”, this should of reset the toner cartridge.
- Close the printer cover.
Brother HL-4570CDW & Brother HL-4570CDWT
- Ensure the printer is switched on.
- Open the printer lid to reveal the toner cartridges.
- Press the “secure” and “cancel” buttons together.
- The LCD should display a new menu.
- Use the + and - keys to select the cartridge you wish to reset.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Close the printer lid.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.