Compatible Brother TN-247 (Top View)
Compatible Brother TN-247 (Bottom View)
Compatible Brother TN-247 (Front View)
Problem: Cartridge is the wrong size / not fitting correctly
If the toner cartridge looks different or is not fitting correctly, please check that it is being installed the correct way around.
On the compatible version, the handle is the opposite way to avoid infringing on the Brother patented handle.
Please ensure that the chip is facing upwards on the left hand side, as per the image below.
Problem: Error (Replace Toner) / Error (Toner Low) / No Toner installed
The cartridge is reporting that it's low on ink or reporting the error message (Replace toner).
- 1. Open the front cover.
- 2. The printer display should show the below:
- 3. On the control panel press the Stop / Cancel button and the Back Arrow button together then very quickly, press Back Arrow again.
- 4. The printer will show the Reset Menu as below.
- On the Reset Menu you will find a list of the cartridges.
- 5. Use the UP and DOWN arrow to select which toner has been replaced
- STD = Standard Capacity
- HC = High Capacity
- 6. Press Yes to reset selected toner counter
- 7. Wait for the printer to reset the cartridge
- 8. Once the printer display shows ACCEPTED, the counter has been reset
- 9. Close the front cover and you should be able to continue printing
Printers that use Brother TN-247 cartridges
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.