What the cartridges should look like
To install the compatible Dell cartridges follow these 3 steps
- 1. Tear off the yellow tape
- 2. Remove the protection clip
- 3. Install the cartridge into place and close the printer cover
Problems you might encounter
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The cartridge is not recognised after installing it into the printer
- Follow the steps outlined on the sticker attached to the side of the cartridge
- 1. Remove the cartridge, and install a used or new OEM cartridge and close the printer cover
- 2. Once the printer has detected the OEM cartridge, take the OEM cartridge out and reinstall the new compatible cartridge.
- 3. If the new cartridge still isn't recognised, repeat steps 1 and 2.
- 1. Use a razor blade or utility knife, remove any part of the black carbon strip (As shown on the cartridge), then re-install the new cartridge
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.