What the cartridges should look like
Problems During Installation
If there has been a full set of genuine cartridges installed in the printer prior to installing the new compatible cartridges then a full compatible cartridge replacement may be required if the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) appears
If this error message still appears after this troubleshooting or you don't have a full set of compatible cartridges available please consult the "Problems you might encounter" section below
- This incompatible cartridge error message appears when the printer detects that there is both genuine and compatible cartridges installed in the printer
- To do a full genuine to compatible replacement please follow the steps below:
- 1. Remove all the cartridges currently installed in the printer and turn the printer off. Leave it off for 15 minutes then turn it back on
- 2. Re-install a full set genuine HP ink cartridges in the printer - These genuine cartridges can be half full or even empty
- 3. Once the genuine cartridges have been detected, remove and the replace them with compatible cartridges.
- 3a. Note: This must be done in one go
Problems you might encounter
Problem: Error (Cartridge is not compatible)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is not compatible) has appeared
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge/cartridges from the printer
- 2. Turn the printer off and wait for 2 minutes
- 3. Turn your printer back on and wait for a further 2 minutes
- 4. Once the printer warns that certain cartridge/cartridges are missing, re-install them one at a time
Problem: Error (Cartridge is missing or damaged)
The compatible cartridge has been installed correctly and the error message (Cartridge is missing or damaged) has appeared
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge(s) from the printer.
- 2. Check that the cartridge(s) chip is intact.
- 3. Re-install the cartridge(s) into the printer.
- 4. If the error message persists turn the printer off at the wall socket and wait for 2 minutes
- 5. Return the power to the printer and and turn the printer back on
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.