Problems you may encounter
Problem: Wrong Size / Not fitting
The clip looks different or the cartridge will not click into place when installing.
- 1. Remove the affected cartridge from the printer.
- 2. Reinstall the cartridge and press firmly at the front of the cartridge or where the label says shows 'push'.
- 3. The cartridge should now be fully clicked into place.
Problem: Cartridge not recognised
The cartridge is showing as not recognised. (See below for an example of this message)
- This error can sometimes be displayed due the cartridge being incorrectly seated in the printer.
- Remove the affected cartridge from the printer
- Reinstall the cartridge and firmly press down on the top of the cartridge.
- Shut the printer lid and wait for the error to disappear from the LCD display.
- This message is displayed when the ink runs out on a compatible cartridge to discourage the use of compatible cartridges.
- The print yield of the compatible cartridge should be equal to the original.
- If the cartridge hasn't reached the print yield but displays this message it could be a fault
- - Remove the affected cartridge from the printer and power off the printer
- - Check to see if there's ink left in the cartridge and wipe the chip with a dry cloth
- - Turn the printer back on and install the cartridges one at a time
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.