Problems you might encounter
Problem: Error (Remove Shipping Lock)
The printer is reporting the error "Remove Shipping Lock Error"
- Remove cartridge from printer, and locate the ship lock lever arm mechanism (fig. 1)
- Holding the cartridge in the upright position, push the white lever forwards. This should lift the black lever (fig 2). If the mechanism does not operate smoothly or is stuck, this is likely the cause of the error.
- If the mechanism is not operating smoothly, wiggle the white arm slightly and try again. If this does not help, tap the cartridge and vacuum/blow air into the mechanism to free any small amounts of toner lodged inside.
- Turn the printer off using the power button
- Swap the affected cartridge with another colour toner cartridge in the printer. I.e. If the cyan cartridge was affected, put the cyan cartridge in the magenta printer slot and the magenta cartridge in the cyan slot.
- Close the door, and allow to Initialise.
- After a long Initialisation, the printer will report the error "Supplies in wrong positions."
- Power off the printer and swap the two cartridges back to their original positions.
- Close the door and turn the printer back on.
- The machine should initialise and return to the ‘Ready’ mode.
Poor print quality
Problem: Printing blank pages / fading on print
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer
- Gently rock the cartridge from side to side to evenly spread the toner
- Re-insert the cartridge and print a test page
Problem: Lines down page
Printouts are coming out with lines down the page
It could be that there is toner on the photosensitive drum. Try printing 5-10 pages to see if this removes the lines.
Print Configuration page and Supplies Status page
HP Color LaserJet CM2320, CM2320fxi, CM2320n & CM2320nf
- On the product control panel, press "Setup"
- Use the arrow buttons to select Reports, and then press "OK".
- Use the arrow buttons to select Configuration report,and then press "OK"
- On the product control panel, press Setup.
- Use the arrow buttons to select Reports, and then pressOK.
- Use the arrow buttons to select Supplies Status, and then press OK.
HP Color Laserjet CP2020, CP2025, CP2025dn & CP2025n
Configuration and Supplies status pages
- Press "OK" to open the menu
- Using the arrow buttons select "Reports"
- Using the arrow buttons select "Config report" or "Supplies status"
- Then press "ok" to print the report
- Press "X" to exit the menu
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.