Problems you may encounter
If the customer receives a "Supply Memory" or "Unauthorised Supply" error, the printer may have HP protection enabled.
Please advise the customer to follow the below steps to allow them to use the compatible cartridges.
- On the computer, go to Menu & click Devices and Printers
- On the Devices and Printers window, double click on the printer model.
- Double click on HP Printer Assistant.
- Click on Print and select HP Device Toolbox.
- On the new window, go to System and click Supply Settings from the side menu.
- In the options list, go to Cartridge Policy and change the drop down menu to Off and click apply. (Fig 1)
- The printer will now need to be powered off and then powered back on for the change to be completed.
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.