Problems you may encounter
Problem: Error (Replace Toner) or Error (Toner Low)
The cartridge is reporting that it's low on toner or reporting the error message (Replace toner).
- 1. Open the front cover (You don't have to hold it open, you can rest it down so long as it doesn't shut fully)
- 2. Press both the SECURE and CANCEL buttons at the same time.. You may have to do this a couple of times for the menu to show.
- 3. Use the UP and DOWN arrow to select the type of toner you have.
- 4. Push OK to reset selected toner counter.
- 5. When you see ACCEPTED on the display the count is reset
- 6. Close the front cover.
Note: The front cover needs to remain open during all of these steps
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
- All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.