Problem: Error (Replace Toner) or Error (Toner Low)
The cartridge is reporting that it's low on toner or reporting the error message (Replace toner).
- Open the front cover. (You don't have to hold it open, you can rest it down so long as it doesn't shut fully)
- Press both the SECURE and CANCEL buttons at the same time.. You may have to do this a couple of times for the menu to show.
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow to select the type of toner you have.
- Push OK to reset selected toner counter.
- When you see ACCEPTED on the display the count is reset.
- Close the front cover.
Note: The front cover needs to remain open during all of these steps
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
|This image shows the front of the cartridge, the large label displays the product code and colour.
The back of the cartridge can be seen in this image, the barcode is displayed on the label shown.
This image shows the left side of the cartridge, the orange protective clip must be removed before installation.
The left side of the cartridge shows the clear plastic protector, this also needs to be removed before installing. Use the handle to help insert the cartridge into the printer.
Printers that use Brother TN-3480 cartridges
To see a full list of products that work in your printer, click on the model name below:
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.