Problems you might encounter
Problem: Error (Replace Toner) or Error (Toner Low)
The cartridge is reporting that it's low on ink or reporting the error message (Replace toner).
The following troubleshooting can vary from printer to printer. If your printer doesn't have the required buttons in Resolution 1, please try Resolution 2 or 3 instead.
- 1. Whilst the Toner light is flashing, open the front cover of the printer.
- 2. Hold down the power button until the printer turns off.
- 3. After 5 seconds, hold down the Go button and press the power button - the Toner, Drum and Paper LEDs should now light up together.
- 4. Release the Go button and the lights should turn off.
- 5. With all the lights off, press the Go button 10 times - the Toner, Drum and Paper LEDs should now light up again.
- 6. With the LEDs lit up, press the Go button 5 times - The Ready LED will light up and then the Paper light will begin to flash.
- 7. Close the front cover - The Ready light will begin to flash.
- 8. Once the Ready light stops flashing you should be able to continue printing.
Note: The printer lid needs to remain open for steps 1 to 6
- 1. Open the printer lid (You don't have to hold it open, you can rest it down so long as it doesn't shut full)
- 2. On the control panel press the X button and the Secure button together
- 3. Use the arrow keys and the OK button to select the toner cartridge affected by this error
- 4. Press the UP arrow
- 5. Wait for the printer to reset the cartridge
- 6. The printer should automatically return to ready mode
- 7. Close the printer lid and you should be able to continue printing
Note: The printer lid needs to remain open during all of these steps
- 1. With the error message on the LCD display, press the Cancel (X) button to show the main menu.
- 2. Press the Fax button (or the copy button on the LCD display) to make the numeric keypad visible. Then, locate and only locate the Asterisk (Star) button on the numeric keypad. (It's important to remember its location as it will not be lit up later when needed)
- 3. Press the Home button to return to the main menu.
- 4. Open the front cover of the printer (to access cartridges).
- 5. With the front cover open, press and hold the unlit Asterisk (Star) button for 5 seconds.
- 6. The reset menu will now appear on the LCD display.
- 7. Scroll through the menu to select a color and yield to reset.
- 8. The LCD will read "Accepted" once the reset is complete.
Problem: Faded Output
Printouts are coming out faded.
- If the print quality is poor, remove the toner cartridge from the printer and gently rock the cartridge from side to side.
- This movement helps distribute to the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- After rocking the cartridge 5-6 times, re-insert the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.