Problems you might encounter
Problem: Error (Replace Toner) or Error (Toner Low)
The cartridge is reporting that it's low on ink or reporting the error message (Replace toner).
The following troubleshooting can vary from printer to printer. If your printer doesn't have the required buttons in Resolution 1, please try Resolution 2 instead.
- 1. Open the printer lid (You don't have to hold it open, you can rest it down so long as it doesn't shut full)
- 2. On the control panel press the X button and the Secure button together
- 3. Use the arrow keys and the OK button to select the toner cartridge affected by this error
- 4. Press the UP arrow
- 5. Wait for the printer to reset the cartridge
- 6. The printer should automatically return to ready mode
- 7. Close the printer lid and you should be able to continue printing
Note: The printer lid needs to remain open during all of these steps
- 1. With the error message on the LCD display, press the Cancel (X) button to show the main menu.
- 2. Press the Fax button (or the copy button on the LCD display) to make the numeric keypad visible. Then, locate and only locate the Asterisk (Star) button on the numeric keypad. (It's important to remember its location as it will not be lit up later when needed)
- 3. Press the Home button to return to the main menu.
- 4. Open the front cover of the printer (to access cartridges).
- 5. With the front cover open, press and hold the unlit Asterisk (Star) button for 5 seconds.
- 6. The reset menu will now appear on the LCD display.
- 7. Scroll through the menu to select a colour and yield to reset.
- 8. The LCD will read "Accepted" once the reset is complete.
Note: :On the reset menu, the options to choose from will be K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow for the Toner, and STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge or HC = High Capacity Cartridge for the capacity.
Problem: Printing blank pages / fading on print
Printouts are coming out very faded or blank
- Remove the toner from the printer
- Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side 4-5 times
- Re-install the cartridge into the printer
Checking the Serial Number
- Press "Tools button"
- Press "All Settings"
- Swipe up or down, or press "a" or "b" to display machine info
- Press "machine info"
- Press "serial no"
- The touch screen will show the machines serial number
- Press home to exit
- Press "a" or "b" to select machine info
- Press "a" or "b" to select serial no
- Press "ok"
All trademarks, photos and logos included on this information sheet are the property of their respective owners.